The end of December bought a fantastic Christmas present to the antique centre, it was chosen as a finalized in the ‘Independent Retailer of the Year’ category of the West Norfolk Mayor’s Business Awards 2020.
This award is organized by the Lynn News in association with West Norfolk Council.
The many nominations were read, sifted through and judged by the sponsors who came up the three names in each of the 10 categories.
The winners are announced on Friday, March 6 at the black-tie gala dinner held at the Corn Exchange in King’s Lynn.
Started more than 30 years ago by Les Daubney, the awards continue to be a highlight of the civic year.
From Strength To Strength….
- We opened in November 2017 with stands and cabinet spaces for approximately 50 dealers. As demand grew, we had to accommodate for further dealers and we now sit at over 100 dealers in a combination of stand and cabinet space. We have a lengthy waiting list of dealers wanting to join the centre and this continues to grow as word gets around about the centre and its reputation.
- 2019 has seen us develop the centre further with the addition of a new and used bookshop, with space for people to peruse in comfort and we have been delighted with the warm response it has received.
- Throughout the two years we have held numerous events in the antiques centre, offering space for the use of local community groups and projects, as well as hosting valuations with guests from auction houses in the region. This has proven successful and we look forward to continuing with it in 2020.
- We employ local staff and actively promote local businesses, not to mention local charities (the East Anglia Air Ambulance).
- We care about our environment and always make the point to recycle wherever possible. We reuse as much packaging as possible, we have a glass bank on-site and use biodegradable packing chips in our parcels. We also have a clothing bank on site on behalf of The East Anglian Air Ambulance and Salvation Army.
- November saw us welcome the team behind Bargain Hunt, who filmed two episodes hosted by Eric Knowles and these will air shortly.
Our first two years in business have been a great success and we look forward to the continued growth of the business.